Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to create recovery on a USB.

The HP Support Assistant in my system message me to create a System Recovery.

I have upgraded from windows8 to 10.

My system contains a recovery partion(15 GB) and it contains something(250MB), but shows only 1.5 GB is free.

Does it  actually contain a recovery? If yes, it is of 8?

How can I boot from this Recovery Partition?

Can I create recovery on USB again? Or copy to a USB?

How can I know the recovery is already created or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No you need to use the Windows 10 backup and restore... follow these steps. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/3a747883-b706-43a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-rec...

This gives you the option to delete the recovery partition when you are done. If this does not work we can try a system image backup and a windows 10 repair disk combination. The advantage of this method is you can keep the disk up to date. The HP recovery disk was only to restore factory settings. This method lets you keep an updated recovery with all your current apps, settings and files. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Unfortunately the upgrade from 8 to 10 wipes out the ability of the laptop to make a recovery disk for Windows 8 or to recover the laptop to Windows 8 with the F11 recovery application. You will have to use the native Windows 10 backup and recovery tools or purchase a recovery disk from HP for your model. 

HP Recommended

Now I am using windows 10.

Can I create recovery on a USB for this by following the guide lines of HP Support Assistance App?

What should be the capacity of USB?

There is any use of keeping the Recovery Partition now, Since it contains windows8?

Can I change the content(Recovery of Win8) in this partition with the Recovery of Win10?

HP Recommended

No you need to use the Windows 10 backup and restore... follow these steps. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/3a747883-b706-43a5-a286-9e98f886d490/create-a-rec...

This gives you the option to delete the recovery partition when you are done. If this does not work we can try a system image backup and a windows 10 repair disk combination. The advantage of this method is you can keep the disk up to date. The HP recovery disk was only to restore factory settings. This method lets you keep an updated recovery with all your current apps, settings and files. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.