Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION DV7 NOTEBOOK PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO AFTER A CLEAN INSTALL OF WINDOWS 10 HOME 64 BIT  I FOUND A UNKOWN DEVICE IN DEVICE MANAGER.

UNKNOWN DEVICE ACPI\HPQ0004\2&DABA3FF&0

ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH INADVANCE,

TIM

SYSTEM SKU IS AS FOLLOWS    A6X08UA#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for that device...

This package provides the HP 3D DriveGuard software for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard protects the hard drive by "parking the heads" if the notebook is accidentally dropped or is abruptly impacted by another object. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

THANK YOU BUT THE LINK IS BROKEN.

NEVER MIND IT WORKS IN CHROME BUT INTERNET EXPLORER OR EDGE.

TRYING THE FILE OUT NOW..

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, @Tjpost1980

I received two e-mail notifications of a reply to this post from you stating that the link I posted is broken.

I have no idea why your posts aren't showing up.

I checked the link and it works just fine for me.

In any event, you can also use the older W7 ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection driver found under the Security driver section on your notebook's support page, and that should also work just fine.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv7-6c00-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.