Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion DV6700 - FE815UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP Forum members,

Good day!

My dad is facing a problem with his: 

HP Pavilion DV6700 Notebook

[personal information removed]

Product Number: FE815UA#ABA

After upgrading to Windows 10. The problem is getting a bluescreen when he uses the notebook, with the following error message:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL (netwlv64.sys)

5998c8ea63cfaa1eac7638d61720dff2.jpg

After a quick google search, I've found that it is something related to the Wireless Card, & it seems his wireless card is outdated or Windows 10 doesn't support it, or there are no new drivers to support it.

The problem used to happen, then stopped, & now it returned & its reoccurring frequently. 

If it happened to buy a new wireless card, what kind of wireless card should we buy? What do you reommend?

& if there are other solutions that will be great!

Appreciate your support.

Regards,

Saud_N

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Saud_N,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see your Dad's HP Pavilion dv6933cl  Notebook with an error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (rtwlane.sys). Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection, if you need it.

Some say this helps fix this problem Microsoft Fix it.

Here is a link to compatible Wlan card page 56.

Please let me know how this goes.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as Accept as Solution to help other community members!

Thanks. 

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi @Mrstenter,

Thank you fro your reply. Sorry for the late follow up, but was expecting an automated email notifying me with your reply.

Anyway, the error message in your reply seems a bit different than the one I asked about. The one I shared had (netwlv64.sys), while the one you provided has (rtwlane.sys).

Moreover, the link you provided is a link to "Sleep & Hibernation" issues, not BSOD. So not sure if it is related or not. 

So do you recommend buying a new wireless card? 

Appreciate your reply or feedback.

Regards,

Saud Nasser

HP Recommended

After upgrade to Win10 I installed Intel driver for Windows Vista 12.1.0.14 from HP site. I have no BSOD since then. File: sp41263.exe from Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.

I had BSOD once a day using different drivers in HP 8710P. Exactly: Windows 8.1 PRO - Intel 4965 AGN - BSOD (Driver IRQL not less or equal) NETWLV64.SYS

Try old driver. 12.1.0.14  is OK for my old 8710P

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.