Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17 3070nr Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My RAM failed and crashed my HP Envy 17 computer. Prior to this I was getting a bunch of BSOD randomally. I bought new ram (16GB) and a solid state hard drive. I installed RAM and new harddrive. I also downloaded windows 10 iso and installed on new harddrive. The boot up speed is amazing!

Problem: I have one driver that says "unknow device" I did some googeling and getting some different possible sollutions so I thought maybe someone here might be able to expidite my trouble shooting.

1) Device instance path: ACPI\HPQ0004\3&11583659&0

2) Hardware Ids: ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004

ACPI\HPQ0004

*HPQ0004

3) Problem code: 0000001C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@ REO........just wanted to give you a huge thank you! This was the first time I posted here (I think) and in minutes you found the solution for me! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I have been looking for some time with not much luck.

Would you be able to  maybe share exactly what I was missing? I read some things that said it was something that controls power to devices and then I read something that said  it was for hard drive protection. I'd also be interested in how to "fish" for future if you had any advice on how I should have searched for my error to find the result you did.

HP Recommended

@Matt1919

HP 3D Driveguard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

This may help for the future.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

REO

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2017-02-10 13.37.06.pngOne other question. I think maybe only 2 speakers are working. I think there should be 5. In device manager it show three items not plugged in.  However when I go to properties it says, "This device is working properly". Any ideas on how to test/resolve this?

Screenshot 2017-02-10 13.35.15.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.