Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My pc died and a i cant do anything, im in the advanced menu and if i try to start the pc and it just dies, i cant reset it cuz i dont have enough space

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PigeonMan432 

Resetting it will do nothing for a laptop that died, and almost certainly, will NOT work even if you try it.

Sorry for the bad news, but when a laptop does not even power on, you have few if any options for getting it working again on your own.

To determine the cause with hardware failures, you have to be able run diagnostics. We have no way of accessing your PC from here, so we can not do that for you. You have to do it yourself. You do this by pressing the Esc key repeatedly when rebooting and then, when the HP Startup Menu appears, selecting Diagnostics (usually F2) and letting it run.

But if it is NOT possible to run diagnostics, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and there is NOTHING we can do.

You will need to have the PC physically examined in a service facility by folks that can run their own diagnostics to determine what is wrong with it. And the problem with that is, while HP does do repair work of some sorts on PCs still under warranty, they generally do NOT do repair work on PCs out of warranty because they are not a general purpose repair facility. You would have to contact them in advance to see (1) if they are willing to work on it, and (2) if they will provide you any kind of repair cost estimate.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

If that link does not get you a useful page, then use the main HP link:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you can't get assistance from HP, then you will have to seek out a local laptop service facility to have them examine it for you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.