Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
C8U18AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot afford to pay HP (at age 73) to find out if I can upgrade to Win 11 my "upgraded premium" Envy 17" with i5 @2.6Ghz, 8GB ram, Nvidia Geforce upgrade video onboard, 8GB ram, Beats Audio, 64 bit, Win 10, HDR. Originally Win 8. Runs great, no problems.  Just spent three hours on HP web site, found out nothing!!  Need help!  Oh-minor detail: I went to West Point & served 5 years from 1970-75, the height of the Cold War, 3 years in Germany - pretty scary!  We were outnumbered 5:1 in tanks & soldiers those days by the Russians, East Germans, Czech, & Polish armies at the border, they would crush us!  (Top Secret, don't tell anyone!)  Disabled, Trichloroethylene exposure, but surviving!  Hey,  your tax dollars at work, pays me $144 a month disability!  (Turned down twice for what the attorneys say should be $3,500 a month!!)   (Latest info: covid-19 in 2020, then vax, then Delta C-19 variant broke thru, Covid again July, 2021!)  (Not having FUN yet!)  Thanks in Advance!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MTAYLOR1040 

Firstly HP does not have machine called HP Envy laptop 17t-jooo (3 letter oh's) I know which one you are talking about because I used it many years back, it should be HP Envy laptop 17t-j000 (3 zeros) .

Machine has Intel Gen 4 processor which does not meet the requirements to run W11, nor does it have a TPM 2.0 device

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/supported/windows-11-supported-inte...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.