Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I think I am in real trouble now..

I followed your instructions @IT_WinSec. 

After changes in BIOS i have finally started Installer. Then I stoped on that screen:

20170727_185648 (Medium).jpg

What means that I can't Install on "this" partition (but I couldn't choise any other) becouse it is GPT style partition.

So .... 

In the flood of my genius .... I thought (now this word sounds ridiculous) what for GPT, I'll remove all partitions and create MBR one or two ... (second disc was 6GB and I thought it is for RAPID Storage/Start ? Technology.. 

After this installer ask me about automatic creation of another one partition. I said Yes, and installer created another one partition (about 350MB). So finally Installer started instaling Windows 8.1, copying files...
I went out of room. After few minutes when I came back I found something like that on the screen:

20170727_203550 (Medium).jpg

After several attempts and changes in BIOS boot setup I booted from USB but chose the restore option to factory default on all drives with data loss on disks.

Now I have on screen "Reseting settings to initial state (35%) " and I don't believe in the happy ending.

May I once again be wrong... 

What if this will not finally help ma HP? 

PS. Installer wrote this option take few hours. Now after few minutes its 38%.

HP Recommended

OK. Relax 🙂

You messed it up. But don't worry - it is not really your faulty - you have never done it before.

You should not choose to restore to default because such partition might exist but is messy due to multiple installations.

Also, you are now installing in Legacy Mode with MBR, therefore GTP partitions and old Windows installations must be gone (should be erased all)

You do not need to setup partitions manually, Windows can set it up for you / almost automatically /

So,

Please, enter BIOS again (F10) and ensure that:

- Secure boot is disabled

- Legacy mode is enabled

Save the changes and exit

Boot from the USB drive (Windows installer)

Choose "Custom install"

Mark the partitions one by one and choose to "Delete" them

Eventually, you will end up with Drive 0 Unallocated space, and nothing else

Click on "Refresh" button and then choose the "Drive 0 Unallocated space" as the place to install Windows, click Next

Windows will begin auto installation and will setup all the needed partitions itself.

Here are example pictures

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thank You. I have done it yesterday. Today when I woke up and windows 8.1 boots normally from hard drive !

So I think, today  I'll install drivers and everything should be done. I let you know how it goes.

Thanks for now.

HP Recommended

I'm posting from HP Envy :generic: 

I've installed almost all drivers. One, I can find is:

Unknow device: ACPI\HPQ0004\3&11583659&0

which is probably 3D Drive Guard or 3D Hard Disc Protect. 

I was looking on forum but the links doesn't works. 
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Please-help-me-for-the-missing-...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Driver-for-ACPI-HPQ0004-3-amp-...

Maybe you can help with that ?

HP Recommended

@kefasso wrote:

I'm posting from HP Envy :generic: 

I've installed almost all drivers. One, I can find is:

Unknow device: ACPI\HPQ0004\3&11583659&0

which is probably 3D Drive Guard or 3D Hard Disc Protect. 

Try this >> ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

Let me know if it works.

Btw, I am happy that you managed to install Windows 🙂

Do you experience any other issues ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Everything works. 

Evrything installed.

Nice and clear.

Wife is happy 😉

Thank you very much IT_WinSec

Manadżer urządzeń.png

Kind Regards

kefasso

HP Recommended

You are very welcome!

So cool  🙂

Don't hesitate to post again if any questions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.