Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had an HP EliteBook 8470p for 2 to 3 years now, and ever since the Windows 10 version 1909 update, it’s been running slowly and has gotten 2 blue screens (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE). Before that, it had been running version 1809 just fine. (Side note: When I first got this computer it was refurbished and was already running Windows 10.) I tried going back to version 1809 using a previous state, but it resulted in a vague error saying that there was a problem restoring the state and it had been reverted back to version 1909. Anyway, I’m thinking about using a CD with the Windows 7 files on it to install Windows 7. I know it’s ended support, but I’m not worried about that. I want to dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7 because there are files on Windows 10 that I would like to keep. It seemed like it could be easy, but I need the proper drivers for graphics, audio, internet, etc. I don’t have much experience with installing operating systems on real hardware this way, I’ve only done it on virtual machines like VirtualBox where they provide drivers for you. I know this is a lot to ask for, but help would be appreciated!

Best regards, 

Ian Stewart

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Ian:

You can get the drivers for your notebook from the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8470p-notebook-pc/5212907

Change the operating system from W10 to W7, and you will have all the W7 drivers listed there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.