Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6159sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening,

i have a single question: by what reasons not exists any driver for windows 10 for this product:HP Pavilion dv6-6159sl?

The speed of this laptop is really embarrassing after it has passed by windows7(64bit) to windows10(64bit).I've already formatted and cleaned up everything, so the laptop is like a virgin(so no tell me about i have to remove any software ,etc.

Please i need drivers to continue to use my laptop or i have only to trash cause many software started to not work more.

Thanks, i am waitinig your answer

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello
so this is what happens with most old models and new systems
It was already the case, with XP Vista Vista Windows 8
There are no drivers developed for the laptop itself, but it is sometimes possible to find elsewhere
Then, windows 10 can recognize many, and unfortunately, some peripherals, will have no possibilities, the case often for switchable graphics!
After if the pc is slow, it is not necessarily a driver problem, but configuration
will know error of origin:
4 GB RAM
insufficient
the hard drive is indicated being 5400rpm, it is also not the best to work with windows 10
Having said that, I don't recommend spending too much on this pc
For device drivers try this:

Trouver les drivers et pilotes en téléchargement, mise à jour PC

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry if my laptop has 6 years maybe,i suppose not so old. I see many older pc that works good.So i hope that hp will give support about. Cause this laptop was ridicoulous also with windows7

HP Recommended

@Gemini179 

The age of the PC is most likely NOT specifically the issue, nor is the version of the OS running on it.

I have an OLD HP DV6 laptop, which also came with Win7, and NOW, runs Win10 as well, and if anything, Win10 performs BETTER on it, than does Win7.

IF the laptop has 4GB, that is more then enough to run Win10 without issues, as I have several PCs with only that much memory and they run Win10 just fine.

IF apps are crashing and/or the PC is running slowly, that is NOT Win7 at fault; more likely, it is a failing drive -- as I already had to replace my drive a few years ago.

As to why no drivers, HP only supports older equipment for so long.  Mine did not get any HP Win10 drivers, either, but as I said, it works just fine.  So if yours is behaving badly, I would suspect a failing hard drive.

And @Prométhée is right on about the 5400 RPM drive -- that will make the laptop seem really slow.  I replaced mine with a 500GB SSD, which costs less than $50 these days, and it runs very quickly now.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thi is a good suggestion,maybe i will try..thanks.

But it's really bad that not exist any driver for windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hello
sorry, I would like to come back to the 4 GB of memory
A computer is a whole, if one or two elements are not enough, the pc will be slow!
And I indicate that 4 GB is insufficient for Windows 10, it is not for nothing!
it is indicated that windows 10 can work with 2go of ram, except, everything will depend on the version and what one does with his computer.
It is clear that to open a web page, it must be enough, but for programs a little heavier, it will not be enough!
just have to open the task manager and check the available memory
I was waiting to know a little more about this history of pilots, before advising the purchase of an SSD!
The gain is indeed very interesting but if the pc is not functional, it is not a purchase to make right away!
If the pc was already slow with windows 7, there is no miracle with w10!

I have a pc from 2013 which also works very well with windows 10, but it has a good configuration, it was perfect under windows 7 already!

as mentioned it is a computer with switchable graphics
this is the main source of problem for pilots:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv6-6100-entertainment-notebook-pc-seri...

OpenGL Applications Cannot Use Discrete GPU with Intel + AMD Switchable Graphics

Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs

Switchable Graphics on Notebooks Configured with Intel and ATI GPUs

Installing Windows 10

• HP provides installation instructions, compatible software, and updated drivers for most computers sold after August 2013.
  • If you purchased your computer prior to August 2013, HP has not tested or developed drivers for your computer model. Some features might not work, or the installation might not be successful.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

The actual specifications are:

Pavilion dv6-6159sl - Intel Core i5-2430M (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz), 4GB DDR3, 500GB SATA HDD, 7200 RPM, 15.6" HD, 1366 x 768, Gigabit Ethernet, WLAN 802.11 b/g/n, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 2.91kg

I thought you said the drive was a 7200 RPM?    Here is the source reference

I have seen the difference in RAM configurations. 2GB on WIN 10 is harsh.   I do prefer 4GB as a minimum.

Explain this line:

"I was waiting to know a little more about this history of pilots:

Maybe I am getting senile?  No where did I see the mention of history of pilots?

Are you having a bad google translation?

@Gemini179,

You used the word formatted.  That would imply that your erased the entire hard drive, removing WIN 7 drivers.  That was your error.  It would be better to have used WIN 7 drivers, than generic MS drivers.  HP does not support your unit into WIN 10.   Personally, I own two HP DV7t laptops upgraded to WIN 10.   There is NO driver issue. I

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Oh guy you wrong,i only cleant all by pc. I still have all original,i only uploaded windows by official site. Problem not solved sotry cause i need windows 10 drivers for what i bought!

HP Recommended

Hello
@ I will answer just this:
500GB SATA HDD, 7200 RPM,
Indeed, I do not know where I read that, may not have been very careful, I actually found two other links indicating 7200 ..
Therefore, it is a little better, but there is no photo it is better with an SSD!
For the rest I give up, because too many speakers, the user seems to be lost now and clearly do not understand anything!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.