Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, recently I've bought HP 15-r051eu and Windows 8. After installing all of the drivers from HP support site (for windows 7x64, because there are not drivers for 8 (not 8.1)), in device manager left two devices with id ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_33FC, which should be GPIO controller. I've search a lot for driver but with no success. Please help. Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Try this driver...the second file on the list is for W8 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23963&keyword=GPIO+Controller&Downlo...

@Paul_Tikkanen

His installed Operating system  is Windows 7, not Windows 8.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I recommend installing the updates for Windows 8 and then updating to Windows 8.1. 

Can you provide the name of the installed CPU and the chipset?

You can download and tun the CPU-z utility to get that information.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.

All updates for Window 8 were installed before posting and I can't update to Windows 8.1.

CPU - Name   Intel Celeron
 Codename  Silvermont
 Specification  Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N2815  @ 1.86GHz

Chiset - Northbridge   Intel Bay Trail Host Bridge rev. 0C

HP Recommended

That device is identified as the Atom processor GPIO controller.   That should not be required by your notebook.

Did the driver request requirement happen after a specific Windows update?

Install the HP Support Assistant.

Run the HP Support Assistant's Tune-up application. It should find and provide links to all required drivers.

tuneup_settings.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try this driver...the second file on the list is for W7 64 bit.  That hardware id is in the setup information file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23888&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207...

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Try this driver...the second file on the list is for W8 64 bit.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23963&keyword=GPIO+Controller&Downlo...

@Paul_Tikkanen

His installed Operating system  is Windows 7, not Windows 8.

HP Recommended

Yes, I saw that corrected it and posted the driver for W7.

HP Recommended

These devices were there at the same beginning and left unknown after installing all of the drivers from hp support, including chipset driver. HP support assistant doesn't help me too, it just offer me to install windows 8.1 from app store were I have been told that my version can't be updated (some manager bought 100 enterprice licences for all pc's and 3 HP laptops of these).

HP Recommended

This works!!! Thank You a lot!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.