Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
14-an025au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am trying to re-install some windows 10 on my HP notebook (14-an025au) as i have had an incident that somehow deleted my operating system. As i try to install windows 10 an error pops up saying 'No device drivers were found' and i am unable to proceed to download windows 10. I need to fix this as soon as possible as i need this laptop for work. If there are any possible ways i could fix this without having to but another laptop, by getting the driver so i could download it would most certainly be a life saver.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.  Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help but I don't think it will work. This is because windows is no longer an operating system on my device, I have no operating system. I am unable to access anything other than the bios, Memory and hard drive check. I have a windows downloader on a bootable USB that I used, but that doesn't work either, as it says that I am missing drivers that are needed in order to install windows. so I cant access anything in my laptop. The possible only choice that I have is to find the drivers that are needed, install them onto a USB, and install them on the laptop so I can install windows, as an operating system.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have to use another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer on it and use that to create the recovery media.

W10 should not be asking for drivers to install on your notebook, so unfortunately I would have no idea what drivers it is asking for.

The W10 installation media has both the USB3 and storage controller drivers for the AMD chipset.

HP Recommended

Another problem has occurred:

'The recovery media creation attempt has failed'

it provides a Serial number and error code:

Serial number: Y8J99PA#ABG

Error code:0xC00405

any idea on how to fix this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.