Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15t-aq000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I am having this HP Envy X360 Laptop (S/n: [Personal Information Removed], P/n: T5K66AV ). I was using Ubuntu since a a few months ago and now earlier this week I reinstalled Windows 10 using the Recovery media USB stick that I created using Microsoft Windows 10 Installation Media Creation Tool. I noticed that during the installation windows automatically installed some drivers (for eg: Intel Iris Graphics) but HP Support Assistant is not detecting any new drivers to install. When I login to HP support website to manually download drivers for my laptop, I see a lot of drivers sometimes with duplicates and it is confusing to prepare and select the list of drivers for my HP Laptop. So can you kindly give me a list of drivers (atleast the most important ones) that I should download and install manually using the HP Download Assistant?

Best Regards,
Dilip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The cloud recovery tool will set your PC back four years.

If you would rather keep v2004, then you would have to manually install the latest drivers from the support page for the model processor and chipset your notebook has.

They should be labeled as such.

Also, before you do that, I would check the driver versions and dates of what W10 v2004 has already installed, because many of them are probably newer than what HP has listed.

That is the most likely reason the HP Support Assistant doesn't find anything to install.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I suggest you do is to use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your reply. Since it has been 4 years since I purchased my laptop, a factory reset using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool could result in outdated OS and driver software versions. Ideally, I would like to have the latest version of Windows 10 and the most recent driver and firmware updates installed automatically or if not manually. Will the HP Cloud Recovery Tool download the latest OS and driver software versions automatically to the recovery USB stick?

Best Regards,
Dilip

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The cloud recovery tool will set your PC back four years.

If you would rather keep v2004, then you would have to manually install the latest drivers from the support page for the model processor and chipset your notebook has.

They should be labeled as such.

Also, before you do that, I would check the driver versions and dates of what W10 v2004 has already installed, because many of them are probably newer than what HP has listed.

That is the most likely reason the HP Support Assistant doesn't find anything to install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.