Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs212wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I installed an 8GB Memory and 1TB SSD so had to reinstall Windows 10.  the Version I downloaded was 21H2.  But I Have 4 missing Drivers.

-Base System Device

-PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller

-Unknown Device

-Unknown Device

I have tried running HP System Detect on Drivers and Windows Update but still the Missing Drivers remain with HP 21H2 wasn't even an option available to choose.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you get an error like that, you can usually manually install the drivers to bypass the OS checker.

I will walk you through installing the first device, then do the same thing for the next two...

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp96728.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing with the two unknown devices.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hello

you can adentify & finding driver for a unknown device and othere drivers in device manager.

Note: Before trying to identify an Unknown Device in Device Manager, ensure that all Windows Updates are current.

1. Open Device Manager.

2.Right click on the "Unknown Device" and select Properties

3.Select the Details tab. In the drop-down box under property, select Hardware Ids

4.The top line should list something like: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1916

Example:
Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 1916

Capture.PNG

You can go to the following sites to search for the Vendor and Device.

Once you find the Vendor and Device.
For example, 8086 and 1916 is the Intel Video driver.

do the same to identify othere drivers

you can download all drivers for your product at this link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bs200-laptop-pc/20395753/model/21503647

anothere tool to update all drivers is to install HP support assistance

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

this tool will serch for updateted drivers

best regards

HP Recommended

Hi, @Glycem 

This driver should install most of those devices.

Intel Chipset Installation Utility

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101171.exe 

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

If you post the hardware ID for any remaining device that needs a driver, I will post the link to that one too.

HP Recommended

still missing 3 drivers  here are hardware ids and what I looked up at pcilookup

-vendor=8086&DEV_318C

-unknown device - vendor=INT&DEV_3400

-unknown device - vendor=INT&DEV_3403

The chipset driver you provided found one driver but it looks like all of these refer to chipset drivers so not sure what that means.  Do I need a different package?

Thanks so much for everyones help!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

This driver should install those devices...

Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Client Driver - Gemini Lake 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96728.exe 

HP Recommended

Hello,  I am getting the message when I run the installer that this package is not supported on this os version (10.0.19044).

HP Recommended

Hi:

When you get an error like that, you can usually manually install the drivers to bypass the OS checker.

I will walk you through installing the first device, then do the same thing for the next two...

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the 'Browse my computer for drivers' option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp96728.

Make sure that the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then do the same thing with the two unknown devices.

HP Recommended

All drivers installed successfully!  Thanks so much for all the help!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.