Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Need to know which driver I'm supposed to load at this point? I'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 7 but it doesn't show my hard drive and it says to load a driver. 😐 need help please
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Extract the files onto a usb flash drive.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and W7 should install.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

Download the drivers from this link below (first or second file listed -- 32 or 64 bit as applicable).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23496/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interf...

Extract the files onto a usb flash drive.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and W7 should install.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for the help, I will now try to attempt what you just said.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Which driver should i load on probook 455 g1? Same problem, please help. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you believe you have the same issue and you are running W7 64 bit, I have zipped up and attached the SATA drivers you need for the HP 455 g1 below.

HP Recommended

WP_20160626_12_39_38_Pro.jpg

"Hide driver that r not compatibile with....."

I check that box, and driver is still on the list. So its compatible no?

Maybe, you said "If you believe you have the same issue and you are running W7 64 bit" Does it matter if

im running now 32 bit and trying to install 64 bit?

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you are trying to install W7 x64, then those drivers should have worked.

If you check the box and the driver is on the list, yes that is the right driver.

If you then get the window 'No new devices can be found,' then there is some other issue that I wouldn't be able to help you with.

If you are installing W7 from a USB flash drive, you need to make sure that you plug the installation flash drive in one of the notebook's USB 2 ports.

The USB3 ports don't work until after you install windows 7 and then install the USB3 drivers from the support page.

HP Recommended

You were right, change the port. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.