Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Lost my admin BIOS pwd. Created case for support. They`ve sent me bin file to put on USB or HP_TOOLS partition and power up system with "Windows+ArrowUP+ArrowDown" buttons.

Howerver,  when i power up system like this, nothing changes in startup at all.

Do those buttons really mean something?

I see from Internet that autoflash BIOS combo is Windows+B and Power.

Thank you .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good news everyone!

I was able to reset TPM password with  without motherboard replacement.

Here is a manual i`d followed ,  its written by .

Thing i was missing is marked bold.  And i`ll  stress again on REPEATEDLY, if you`ll be not fast enough, it`ll ask you for password . If you are good in repeat pressing - it will  push you to BIOS setup where you`ll be able to reset security.

1.Save smc.bin you`ve got  from HP support  to the root of a USB thumb drive “(or save the file to the root of drive 😧 HP_TOOLS)” -- I used a USB drive, btw...
2. Power the laptop off
3. Hold down Windows key + up arrow + down arrow and power the laptop on
4. Let go of the keys at the HP splashscreen
5. Press F10 repeatedly at the screen that shows up with "SMC command handled successfully"
6. This should bring you into the BIOS where you need to choose “Reset BIOS security to factory default” and confirm by choosing yes (duh)
7. Exit the BIOS, saving changes (duh)
8. When the laptop reboots, you will see the coveted prompt to clear the TPM, which is shown below.
9. Press F1 (duh again)
10. When the laptop reboots, the BIOS password is goners.
11. Feel hunkydory!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi dhurianov

You need to rename the file to smc.bin

add it to an empty USB Flash drive

with the PC off, press the Windows+Up+Down buttons.

While holding these 3 buttons down, tap on the power button once to power on the PC

Keep these buttons pressed until the screen activates.

You should see a message SMC Handeled successfully

You can then press F10 to enter BIOS and restore the security defaults or load windows and enter the BIOS after a restart.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you  Nikhil_HP  for  putting more details.

SMC Handeled successfully appears and F10 is not working for me at this screen , so  windows starts to boot up .

After the restart BIOS is still password  protected.

HP Recommended

Ok, Lets try this a little differently.

I suggest you to leave the windows+up +down as soon as the screen activates [when you see the backlight come up] and immediately start tapping F10.

If this does not work, Call back HP and provide them the case number that has been given to you and mention that the smc file is unable to remove the password. They may have to replace the system board of your PC.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answerAccept as Solutionif it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yeah, already tried this way :cathappy:.

HP support told me to bring notebook to Service centre for motherboard replacement.

GUy i bought this one , has another one  , and that another one has the same problem . So  this looks like BIOS microcode issue, that was there from the factory.  I believe case is resolved, topic can be closed.

HP Recommended

Good news everyone!

I was able to reset TPM password with  without motherboard replacement.

Here is a manual i`d followed ,  its written by .

Thing i was missing is marked bold.  And i`ll  stress again on REPEATEDLY, if you`ll be not fast enough, it`ll ask you for password . If you are good in repeat pressing - it will  push you to BIOS setup where you`ll be able to reset security.

1.Save smc.bin you`ve got  from HP support  to the root of a USB thumb drive “(or save the file to the root of drive 😧 HP_TOOLS)” -- I used a USB drive, btw...
2. Power the laptop off
3. Hold down Windows key + up arrow + down arrow and power the laptop on
4. Let go of the keys at the HP splashscreen
5. Press F10 repeatedly at the screen that shows up with "SMC command handled successfully"
6. This should bring you into the BIOS where you need to choose “Reset BIOS security to factory default” and confirm by choosing yes (duh)
7. Exit the BIOS, saving changes (duh)
8. When the laptop reboots, you will see the coveted prompt to clear the TPM, which is shown below.
9. Press F1 (duh again)
10. When the laptop reboots, the BIOS password is goners.
11. Feel hunkydory!

HP Recommended

Hello. i have the same problem with a hp 2570p that i have bought from the internet whitout cdrom and hdd. I need Bios administrator password to enter into the bios.  help me please to resolve my problem.

HP Recommended

NDF.

There are no master password generators for ProBooks or EliteBooks.

You will need to contact HP.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0003

Or look at this link.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility

Or replace the BIOS chip.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Elitebook-2170p-2570p-6475b-6575b-9470m-Programmed-Bios-Chip-No-Password-...

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

I can`t contact HP. In the list with the products elitebook 2570p is not listed.

HP Recommended

Please Help me !!
what can i do for my Hp Elitebook 2570p has a admin password ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.