Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 735 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I just got an Elitebook 735 G5, which has an AMD Ryzen Pro 2700U, and made the following upgrades/updates:

• Upgraded to 16GB DDR4 2400 (Crucial, 2x8GB)
  • Upgraded SSD to Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
  • Updated BIOS to 01.10.03 Rev.A
  • Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, up-to-date on Windows Updates
  • AMD Radeon Adrenalin drivers 20.2.2 (latest WHQL)

Everything was fine at this point. However, when I enabled Hyper-V (through the PowerShell commands on Microsoft's support site), upon reboot, I was stuck at 1024x768 resolution. Looking at the Device Manager, there was a yellow exclamation mark on the AMD display driver, saying that the driver failed to load. Disabling Hyper-V does fix the issue, however that's obviously not ideal.

I also tried a couple of other driver versions, cleaning up with DDU in between installs, but none worked. Using the latest 20.4.1 (non-WHQL) version results in the same issue. Using the 19.10.24.04 Rev.F version on the HP support page even put the computer on a boot loop, which I was only able to fix by forcing it to boot into safe mode, then running DDU and disabling Hyper-V again.

Has anyone here been able to successfully use Hyper-V on the 735 G5, without breaking the graphics drivers?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.