Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-ac121dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My notebook says enter administrator password or power on password and I have no clue what it is. How can I get in?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Try putting the wrong password 3 times.. after that you should get a Halt code.. provide me that code i'll see if i can decode it for you.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

Try putting the wrong password 3 times.. after that you should get a Halt code.. provide me that code i'll see if i can decode it for you.

Hope this helps.

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

HP Recommended
Thank you
It gave me 68812800
HP Recommended

Try Password : 77770226

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended
Awesome!!!! OMG Thank you sooo much.
Now my outlook is telling me my password is wrong
HP Recommended

Glad to help! 

Outlook, that has nothing to do with Admin password, you will just have to put in the correct password

Hope this helps.

-VJ

HP Recommended
Okay again Thank you so much
HP Recommended

Happy to help!

Cheers!!!:smileyhappy:

Hope this helps.

-VJ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.