Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 15t-3200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Envy 15t-3200 running Windows 10 1609.  It has failed updating to 1709 and 1803.  The update freezes around 40-50% on the second reboot each time.  Windows keeps trying to update also.

Things I tried that have all failed:

• Disabling and then uninstalling all AV and Anti-Malware programs.
  • Disabling and then uninstalling the video drivers for the Intel and ATI video.
  • Deleting the Windows Update cache files.
  • Running all the health programs, like DISM, 
  • Booting from a USB Media Creator drive in online and offline mode.
  • All the latest drivers and BIOS are installed.

The only thing I have not tried is doing a clean install, but I would rather not unless there is nothing left.  And, yes, I need to upgrade because some programs like Adobe are requiring the new build.

It seems like HP as abonded several models, but this was fairly high end and can still run everything well.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Why are you so far behind with your Windows 10 updates?

At this point, you might as well do a clean installation of 1809 or wait until 1903 shows up.

HP Recommended

Because the laptop fails on the upgrades, which is why I'm in the forums trying to see if someone has the same issue with the model laptop.  It appears so from various sites / forums, but there has been no solution posted.

HP Recommended

@deezman wrote:

Because the laptop fails on the upgrades, which is why I'm in the forums trying to see if someone has the same issue with the model laptop.  It appears so from various sites / forums, but there has been no solution posted.

There is no point in upgrading 1709 to 1803 to 1809.

The newest Windows 10 is v1809.  Microsoft wants you to use this version. Use it!

HP Recommended

Thought I'd check back on this.  Looks like no one has found a solution as to why some older HP laptops are not upgrading to newer builds of Windows 10.  The only other poster on this thread did not get what I was trying to say, so I hope someone from HP Support sees this.  The only way I was able to get 1809 installed on the laptop was to basically start with a fresh drive.  After that hassle of installing everything over again, guess what?  It won't install the 1903 upgrade.  All someone at HP Support needs to do is tell me (and others) what is causing the upgrade to fail.  We can uninstall/disable it, and move on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.