Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

will try that and post results

HP Recommended

Awesome... it worked....

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Thanks for troubleshooting and the work-around. Probably need to report this oddity with BIOS in IC?

Btw- your Spectre hasn't received V1703 update offer? My Spectre got it several weeks ago,maybe a month. Haven't seen anything impressive with it. One irritation was noted- it removes link to Control Panel from right click on Start  button. Grr.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Probably I rejected the installation... I will see how to install it

Thank you

HP Recommended

@CherylG

You are welcome -- I am glad it worked and it gave me a chance to drag Dragon6 into the present.

Yes, I'd say we have at least an anomaly here if not a real bug.  Likely just a package error.

Nah, no Creators for little Spectre.  I did get to answer the "Get Ready for Creators" security questions a few weeks ago.  I was excited -- for about a week.  It has become apparent I was just being teased.  Tail Swish, here.

I know I can force-load V1703.. decided to wait it out for a bit as I do already have at least two other systems on Creators.  There are at least a couple of the little "gotcha" changes -- I forget all about them and Poof, I'll do something different, unusual, or actually-same-but-paying-attention, and one will bite.  Smiling.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I also tried out the steps from Dragon-Fur.  I installed the 7-zip beta program to extract the exe file from the site Cheryl listed.  The update installs now.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Just wanted to thank you guys for figuring this one out. I've been quietly following along for the last few days, and I was finally able to install the BIOS update also. Many thanks!

HP Recommended

Brillant, BIOS updated.

Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Ran those steps exactly but still FREEZES my machine.

I've been struggling with this error for two days, finally found this message thread and followed along, finally performing the exact same steps as the others who were successful getting 0827FF20_WIN.exe to run. 

However, I've tried to run it on 3 different machines (I need the HP System BIOS Update Utility to run, obviously, and I don't know why we can't just download that tool and/or the .bin BIOS file directly). Different manufacturers, notebook/ultrabook/desktop and every possible way to execute that file. On every one of them  FREEZES the machine.  Hard-lock

Is there a way to get just the *.bin file or such to use with the ESC-F2 UEFI Hardware Diagnostics Firmware Utility to point at and upgrade to F.20 Rev.A  My Spectre x360, the one of the three I need the update performed on, was born about 5-6 week ago and still has F.10 Rev.A

I'm wondering now, if it has to do with all three machines being on Windows 10 x64, but on newer builds than were available at the time of the successful posts here? One machine is on Windows 10 x64 version 1709, build 16299 (Fall Creaters Update), the others, Build 17017 (well ahead without any other issues hardware/software).  I seem to recall a few forum posts where other SoftPaqs had "issues" when pre/post Fall Creaters Update builds were involved yet unrelated to BIOS or UEFI, of course can't find again at the moment.

Anyone run 0827FF20_WIN.exe under newer builds of Windows 10 x64 successfully? Any help would be fantastic. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.