Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15Z-aw000CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't update to windows ver 20H2 have follow a number of different methods but always get the same error Error OXC1900101 failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during boot operations  Is this a computer problem or a software problem with windows?  I need direction where to go as I can't get windows 11 when it comes out without 10 being completely up to date.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Does anyone have an answer to this?

HP Recommended

It is a Windows Update problem and if you try Google you find many hints how to deal with it.

HP Recommended

I have spend hours looking for the answer.  Main suggestion is to download the ISO program from Microsoft and even that won't correct the problem.

HP Recommended

Download the >>Media Creation Tool<<

and run a clean installation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.