Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500 PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi really hoping someone can help me!

So I had a Windows update to install when shutting down my PC recently, and when I turned it back on it would not load, it kept repeating the message ‘attempting to recover update’ and it was stuck (tried waiting several hours with no change)

so I opened safety mode and tried various options (refresh pc, recovery manager) no luck.

ive got 290gb of files etc that I do NOT wish to lose. I’ve bought a 1TB external hard drive and I want to move the data here so that I can reset my PC in safety mode.

the data backup gets to 9-10% and shows the error code in the title saying that it could be one of 4 causes (not enough space in removable storage, system partition not enough free space available, drive/disc compatibility issue, destination device not connected)

if anyone could please help me I’d me be most grateful - can’t get hold of HP over the phone (probably coronavirus related) and need the PC for working from home

thank yoy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tony142 The error 0xe0ef000e is usually an indication that your Master Boot Record is corrupted, but as you have a new hard drive I believe in this case it is the recovery discs you are using. I recommend that you order a new copy of your recovery media using the steps in this link: Click here for details.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.