Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Error unknown filesystem Entering rescue mode

HP Recommended
HP 15-ay543tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop. The laptop has GPT disk type partition and NTFS filesystem. Recently I got a need to switch to Linux OS for my projects and other needs so i tried to install Kali Linux on it. After entering Boot devices selection i am getting an error :-

Error unknown filesystem 

Entering rescue mode

Grub

I had tried tons of available solutions on the google but nothing helped me out. Please get me a right way to solve this. Also i had tried other Linux distributions i.e. Ubuntu, Linux and Garuda Linux too but still same problem is there with them all. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
28,557 28,477 2,609 6,246
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TechyParas 

Sorry, but when you forced Linux onto your PC, you could have done practically anything to damage either the Windows OS filesystem or the Windows boot files -- and we have no way of knowing what you did.

We also do not provide any Linux support, so if you are having problems booting Linux, you will have to check with the support forums for the various Linux distros.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation