Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP mini laptop detachkeyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I rebooted the laptop, which started fine, but during the process I received a blue message box with the following:

"The following configuration change was requested for this computer''s Trustep Platform Modue (TPM): Clear TPM. Warning (.......)

Press F1: Accept Press F2: Reject"

However, the keyboard does not work and I cannot press either F1 or F2. It is a detachable keyboard and I have tried detaching and attaching again. I have also let the battery run down and then recharged and turned on the laptop. Still on the same screen with the blue message box.

Any help please how to make the keyboard work in the middle of a reboot?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Skruger,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are stuck at the TPM screen with a warning message. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried using a USB keyboard and check if that works?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Here's a related post on HP Forums that seems to have helped others: Click here (Though the header may seem different, the steps will help resolve this issue).

If the issue persists, please order the recovery media from the official HP website (if you haven't created one on your own): Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Skruger,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are stuck at the TPM screen with a warning message. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried using a USB keyboard and check if that works?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Here's a related post on HP Forums that seems to have helped others: Click here (Though the header may seem different, the steps will help resolve this issue).

If the issue persists, please order the recovery media from the official HP website (if you haven't created one on your own): Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi there. Thank you for your quick reply. The hyperlinked message you inserted led to the right solution (e.g. pressing volume + and - and power for 5 seconds), which started the BIOS process and reinstalled Windows, and my laptop is back running perfectly. Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.