Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
(ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good time of day. I ran into a problem, after replacing the SSD disk ("301" error, broken sector, failure to turn on the laptop) I can not install Windows.

1) the Bootable flash drive with Windows 10 is visible and can be selected, just as the new hard drive is visible.

2) according to the instructions in the BIOS, the BOOT security is disabled. Set the priority to USB media.

3) the test checked (F2) RAM and hard disk. Everything is normal. There are no other checks. BIOS version 1.1.....

4) checking HP PC Hardware Diagnostics with USB does not work (if you select 2. for the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI manual, the screen only shows the backlight, without further action.) And any manipulations in the form of selecting an installation flash drive, LiveCD, or HP test leads to seeing a working monitor with a backlight.

And any manipulations in the form of selecting an installation flash drive, LiveCD, or HP test leads to seeing a working monitor with a backlight.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @SovietBear13 

Have you tested this same USB media on another PC ? Were you able to boot from it there ?

In the BIOS/UEFI:

• Have you checked for Legacy boot mode - should be enabled
  • Have you checked for Secure boot - should be disabled

How about re-creating the media from scratch and trying again ? Below you can see instructions and video how to re-create the drive and how to boot and install Windows (PDF file)

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

IN THE BIOS/UEFI:

The boot mode is enabled.

Secure boot, disabled.

After rolling back the BIOS to factory settings, after rebooting, I meet a dark screen with backlight. Enter the BIOS command (esc, F9,F10...) gets a failure. Inactivity of the system.

HP Recommended

P_20200226_182825.jpg

 После установки свежего BIOS с USB, после перезагрузки, система "зависает" подсветка экрана, вот и все.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.