cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Factory reset

HP Recommended

My HP laptop won’t let me factory reset. A couple days ago I woke up and my laptop said there was an issue so it started to restart or something, then it went to a screen like it was loading and started flashing black then would go back to the loading screen. It would show my Home Screen like it was about to let me log in but then would flash back to a blue loading screen then a black screen. I took out the battery and it did the same thing. I tried a factory reset and it wouldn’t finish the process. It would do everything but at the last second say there was an issue, no changes made. I tried that 3 times and it was the same every time. Then I saw a post about checking the system. It said press escape and choose F2 hardware diagnostics then system tests then quick test, mine passes everything except the hard drive short DST check. What do I do now. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
123,117 113,298 18,243 27,843
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the hard drive failed the short DST, then you will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation