Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13t-aq000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was hesitant to upgrade my windows to 20h2. As it happened when I updated from to 2004, my fingerprint scanner stopped working then. It's a synpatics one. Hp support assistant didn't show updates to the device driver so I had to manually search for the driver.  Someone from the community gave me the link to download working driver for 2004. Synaptics WBDI SGX worked for me but there was a small issue. I could only set up single fingerprint. I could live with that. I could recall my windows update horror so I resisted to update to 20h2 for 3-4 months. I waited till now to update my device and finally updated and BOOM, fingerprint scanner is broken as expected and no driver is to be found anywhere. Please someone, anyone from the community give me the right drivers. I can't live without my fingerprint log in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Today feb 7 2021, I reset my pc and the problem has been solved for now. I don't know if it's gonna return back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Why is no one responding to me?

HP Recommended

Today feb 7 2021, I reset my pc and the problem has been solved for now. I don't know if it's gonna return back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.