Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp EliteBook 2560p
Linux

i have an EliteBook 2560p and i'm using Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon

when booting up the system i get this error in the screen:

[ 0.102138] DMAR: [Firmware Bug]: No firmware reserved region can cover this RMRR [0x00000000bd800000-0x00000000bf9fffff], contact BIOS vendor for fixes
[ 0.102144] DMAR: [Firmware Bug]: Your BIOS is broken; bad RMRR [0x00000000bd800000-0x00000000bf9fffff]

the same error appears when i run in the terminal: dmesg | egrep -i 'blue|firm'

what does error means and how can i solve it?

my BIOS version is:  F.66 Rev.A 7.7 MB Feb 22, 2018.

i think that it is the latest BIOS version of this notebook

another question:

i often need to enter BIOS and the screen brightness is very high which hurts my eyes and i could not see any option in the BIOS settings to change the brightness. so is there a solution to this? i hope that you add this option in the next BIOS update releases.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Linux does boot ok for you though? I've seen similar messages often, it is Linux checking the system and finding that advanced features of more recent hardware aren't present. These error messages are just Linux recognising that it is on older hardware, listing off things like that it doesn't detect a TPM chip (which most linux distros don't make use of anyway). So long as Linux boots up ok and works when you are logged in to it, ignore these boot-time messages.

Screen brgithness, some of the F keys may have dual functions for adjusting that? Just ensure that Linux knows the diference between when you are using them as F keys vs as special functions, there may be some Linux settings to tweak.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.