Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That solution did not work for me as it gave an error message that valid password had not been supplied.  If you look through the commands you'll see   /curSetupPassword:"pwd" with the comment "provide only if needed for /setconfig or if changing the password with /NewSetupPassword.   So effectively a useless solution as you need the old password to set a new one! :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended

@Bluprint101 wrote:
hi. could anyone pls help me reset the BIOS password on an EliteBook 6930p I can't access the BIOS settings screen bytheway because its password protected. any help would be greatly appreciated

HP Recommended

Hi:

The BIOS password on a 6930p cannot be removed without knowing the HP Sparekey password unlock clues.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443321

If you didn't enable HP Sparekey then there is no way to remove a BIOS password on a 6930p. The motherboard or BIOS chip would need to be replaced.

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to log formal case with HP phone support/email team. post which HP team can get a SMC file to reset the password for specific machine. you may need to provide UUID and other details to HP.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Waseem,

I work for HP.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

@Bluprint101 wrote:
hi. could anyone pls help me reset the BIOS password on an EliteBook 6930p I can't access the BIOS settings screen bytheway because its password protected. any help would be greatly appreciated

HP Recommended

You need to log formal case with HP phone support/email team. post which HP team can get a SMC file to reset the password for specific machine. you may need to provide UUID and other details to HP.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

So how do they get me this file? Send it to me? When I call do ask to speak to a specific departments? What a UUID? I already called 2 times, they took all my info, serial numbers, etc.

HP Recommended

once you log a support case with HP customer care, they will provide you once utility and steps to run it. which can capture the UUID. BTW- UUID is a unique ID for each machine (16 or more digits) stored in BIOS itself.

Once the utility results(UUID and other info) in the log file, shared with HP. they can generate a key file(SMC) to reset.

well, Technical support depertment can help you in it, no need to ask for any specific person or department.

hope it helps.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
HP Recommended

Hi

Now I have a big problem. I am in Brazil. HP support here doesn´t know anything about it. 

They just said me that I need to change my motherboard.

Is there any other way to fix it?

Alex

HP Recommended

@axferro wrote:

Hi

Now I have a big problem. I am in Brazil. HP support here doesn´t know anything about it. 

They just said me that I need to change my motherboard.

Is there any other way to fix it?

Alex

Unfortunately only a HP service center can repair it, is the notebook under HP warranty?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.