Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Fresh install of win10 from USB copies files but them reboots to a black screen with long beep

HP Recommended
Other

Laptop model: 15-da0032

The problem started three days ago. Blue screen stating a problem occurred and windows needed to restart. It restarted to No bootable device found. Hp diagnostics says both the memory and hd are fine. I finally found in bios that the hard drive was incompatible. It was switched to raid. I switched it back to non and it booted up fine, however it was running very slow. It was suggested that I fresh reinstall windows 10. I began the process from USB. Windows install copies files and successfully gets finished but on the reboot, I get a black screen with a very long beep. OR it boots to the hp diagnostics screen. Any suggestions would be awesome

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 8
1,263 1,227 38 106
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
23,461 23,401 2,158 5,088
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Umai 

I don't know who recommended a fresh install of Windows, but when a PC is running real SLOW, that is an indicator of a failing drive -- so that was bad advice.

As @ieee488 more properly indicated, you will need to replace the drive.

Once you have that, follow the instructions below to restore your PC to working condition:

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.  I'm going to do this.  It could be a couple of weeks, but I will definitely let you know whether it's fixed the problems. 

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation