Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I installed Windows 7 on my computer some time ago.  Now I would like to install/upgrade to Windows 10.  Is my G60-127NR Notebook compatible with Windows 10 (32-bit)?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @farm37 

- edited -

See the next message from user @Paul_Tikkanen 

HP Recommended

Hi, @farm37 

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W10 since it was manufactured prior to August 2013.

That means that no W10 drivers for your notebook were developed/released by HP.

Also, HP retired support for your notebook since it is more than 10 years old and there aren't any drivers easily available from HP for it.

Here is the parts list for your notebook which provides the product number and other information regarding the hardware it comes with.

HP PartSurfer

To answer your question...can your PC run W10?  

Yes, it can but you may run into some driver issues.

Many folks upgraded their G60's to W10 when it first came out and if you do a search on the forum, you will find many posts regarding this subject.

Search - HP Support Community

The biggest problem encountered is with the audio, which you can find solutions to in the search link I posted above.

What I recommend you do before trying to upgrade to W10 would be to make a system image of your current installation.

I use the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You can upgrade for free to W10 by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You have 10 days to go back to W7 from W10 if any issues wtih W10 can't be resolved.

Rollback Windows 10 to Windows 7 without Losing Data [2 Ways] (ubackup.com)

I can probably help you with any driver issues you may experience after you upgrade.

Fortunately, this reputable 3rd party website has the original drivers that would also work for your notebook.

HP G60-127CL drivers (driverscollection.com)

Sometimes you have to manually install some of the W7 drivers to work on W10.

Anyway, there you have it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.