Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When I try to install Win 10 on my HP 240 G8 laptop, it showed like the following picture. I tried to install IRST driver into my USB boot but when I load driver, there was no RST controller, just a bunch of chipset driver. I really need some help ASAP.
Thank you for reading this. (Sr for my bad English)hqdefault.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Minh27,

If you've used this IRST driver, try again anyway. Download it and follow the steps below.

HP 240 G8 Notebook PC Software and Driver Details

1. Connect your Windows installation usb drive to the laptop (for the best results use an installation media created with Microsoft Media Creation Tool rather than with Rufus with the ISO file).

2. Right-click on the downloaded sp file and click on "Run as administrator" to start the extraction process.

3. When you are asked where to save files, with the default directory path being displayed, click on Next.

4. Go to C:\SWSetup and double click the135890 folder and copy the F6 folder to the root directory of the installation usb drive.

5. Run the Windows installation from the usb drive and click on Load Driver.

6. Click on Browse then click the usb drive in the window that opens.

7. Click on the F6 folder and click OK. Also, check the box to display only compatible drivers.

8. If more than one driver is displayed, select one and click OK to see if the drive is displayed. If not, use the other one.

9. If the drive is displayed with partitions, delete all the partitions to see "Drive 0 (or 1) Unallocated space" then click Next to proceed the installation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.