Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys! A few days after I purchased my new spectre x360, I noticed ghost touches (touchs without me actually touching it) on the lower left corner of my screen. After some research, I've noticed that many users with the same model also experienced this issue and it prexisted since 2016. So I am just wondering if there are any fix to this issue, or I think I will just return it in the end....(but it is a nice computer though.... 😞 )

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @LOLing, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @ Dvortex, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

Thanks for the reply, if the issue persists after installing all the updates, request you contact our phone support for the service options available as the screen would require a replacement. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @LOLing – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

If I understand you correctly, you are having issues with the touch screen where it looks like the screen is activated / touched – but not by you. Do not worry, I'm here to help 🙂

I would suggest you first perform a hard reset on the PC. You can find the detailed instructions here: http://hp.care/2byfHyh

Once done, try running a touch screen diagnostic test.

I found a wonderful document which gives you step by step instructions to perform the same. Go to http://hp.care/2chznWE and expand and follow the steps mentioned under “Touch screen responds inaccurately”.

Let me know how that goes. I’ll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hey thanks! I've run the touch screen diagonoses without any problem. And actually, when the ghost touches happen, I just closed the lid and when I reopened it, everything was fine again. But the problem is, it is quite annoying when this happens. Because this is already the second time this thing occured within my initial 30 days of the purchase. Whenever this happens, the computer is basicly useless... But I've found that this usually occurs, as for me, when I plug in the charger or an external drive or something that has to do with an introduction of a flow of electric current. So I am not sure what exactly is the problem...

HP Recommended

Hello, @LOLing

Thanks for the update! Glad to know that the touch screen test passed 🙂

I'd suggest you update the BIOS, chipset and the graphic drivers on your PC. You can use the HP Support Assistant to update the same.

HP Support Assistant is a software program designed to help you keep your computer in working order, prevent potential problems from arising, and resolve problems quickly and easily. The program also provides valuable system information that you need when troubleshooting computer problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2gFA6Q8 to install the HP SA if you do not have it already.

Also, if you have the HP SA installed then go to http://hp.care/2gqoIri and follow the steps under “Checking for HP updates’ to find and install the updates.

Restart the PC once done.

That should help you with the touch screen issues! Let me know!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot! But it says that my computer is basiclly up to date (for the screen, since the only update there, is for audio things, plus I am going to update right away). So do you have some other suggestions that I could try? Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Greetings @LOLing, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @ Dvortex, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

Thanks for the reply, if the issue persists after installing all the updates, request you contact our phone support for the service options available as the screen would require a replacement. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Sorry for keeping the conversation dangalling... I was waiting to see if the ghost touches ever happens again to make another post. It was pretty good for about half a month (with all the new updates) and then there it is again about two days ago... Even though I am still not sure what exactly is the problem, but I guess I will just live with that since I like the computer very much. And the way I've found that will end the ghost touch was to just close the lid and reopen it. But somehow, I've found that all the ghost touches happened while I was charging. So not sure if there is a connection between charging and the problem so maybe you guys could notify Hp and see if they could solve the problem? And thank you again! I appreciate your help!

HP Recommended

I have had the same problems....It first started when I first bought it. Random sporatic, uncontrollable opening of multiple windows.... I have Geek Squad thru Best Buy and I contacted them and they said it was a virus even though I have their virus protection. Then it occurred again and they told me it was a mouse problem.... a new one from Best Buy helped?? for a few days...and guess what? It happened again. This time they said it was my mouse pad.....yep....bought a new one.... I can't really seem to find a reason for it but I do not think I should have to restore it all the time!....I will never buy another Hp!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.