Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PHTM 15t-dw000 BNBPC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Received brand new HP laptop, installed Google Chrome.  Opened Gmail: all inbox mail and content appears in a black theme that cannot be adjusted, printing comes out dark as well.   All themes in the Gmail menu appear against this dark background. I have tried: uninstalling and installing Chrome several times, turning the laptop completely off each time.  The same thing happens.  Every time I un-install, Google presents a screen with an opportunity to explain why.   I have answered every time,  have not heard from them. There have been No error messages, no recent software or driver changes (my HP is brand new and arrived a couple of days ago)    I use a wireless connection (router)  I bought my HP after having the same situation with an Acer laptop. After hours of honest troubleshooting and costumer support, the vendor asked for their product back and fully re-funded my payment.

My questions: 1. Any one else having this issue with Chrome and GMail ? 2.Could this be a Google/Microsoft compatibility issue beyond the consumer's control? 

I will greatly appreciate any bit of experience and expertise you can share.  I have little experience and expertise with devices and IT in general.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Do you have Windows in dark theme? It seems that Chrome will follow the OS theme, so if you have set Windows in dark mode, Chrome wiilfunction in dark mode and you would need to switch the Windows theme.

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion.  I checked and unfortunately the Edge theme was light.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.