Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0000ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would like have an immense support from HP.

My laptop was not booting for few days and its make me to give it for the service under warranty to the local authorized service provider.

As per the technical team, the hard drive to be replaced under warranty and all the data will be going to loose. 

due to the outbreak, all the work from home data is kept in the hard disk and the lose of data may affect badly.

as per the service provider,  they will charge huge amount for the data recovery. and the corrupted hard drive cannot be given to me which makes me to find an alternate solution.

Requesting HP to have a look in this matter

i would kindly like to request to HP for their consideration in this matter at least to get the data back as am not having a cloud storage solution.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Prasanth6615 

HP repair and replacement policy does not retain or recover customer data.

IF the data is that critical, then you should have spent 10 minutes backing it up to a USB stick.

If you have not already sent the laptop off to HP for repair, then you need to remove the drive and look into data recovery solutions on your own.  HP has no responsibility to recover data you won't even bother to back up.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

WAWood

Can you suggest me a back up solution if the PC is not booting either  ?

The PC went to sleep for days, when i fold and kept after my work.

and dont know the magic to back up the data from the PC which is sleeping for long

I was just asking a solution to return the hard disk for few days to use my source to recover the data or to recover the data for Free of Charge

Thanks 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.