Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During system restore, the computer freezes up at about the part where it searches online for updates.  No cursor, no keyboard responce, nothing.  I have to press and hold the power button to restart.  There are no devices or disks in the computer.  I have searched the forums and had not seen this exact problem.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sloved my issue!  During setup, the computer would check for updates and find some.  After instyalling the updates, the computer would freeze up....  Well, I did the most obvious thing.... I turned off wifi and made sure it was offline and set it up that way.  After it had successfully restored, I ran all of the Windows updates without issue.  I hope this helps out anyone else having the same issue!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Make, Model and OS please.

Why is it needing a system restore?

Have you run a diagnostic on the Hardware?

Is there an ethernet connection?

HP Recommended

Hi!  Thanks for getting back! Make / Model is:  HP Notebook - 15-f211wm (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)  -  Windows 10 64bit

Running system restore due to the computer freezing up.  This is a friend's computer and she stated that it would freeze up on her after she logged in.  

Hardware diagnostics came back clean (both short and long run)

It has an ethernet port, but it was connected via wifi.

One other note, before it started freezing during setup, I was able to log on in Safe Mode without freezing...

HP Recommended

Sloved my issue!  During setup, the computer would check for updates and find some.  After instyalling the updates, the computer would freeze up....  Well, I did the most obvious thing.... I turned off wifi and made sure it was offline and set it up that way.  After it had successfully restored, I ran all of the Windows updates without issue.  I hope this helps out anyone else having the same issue!!

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.