Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 - p099nd

Hello,

I have disassembled the HP laptop and removed the RC battery. Now there is no more BIOS password.

But when turning on the laptop it keeps rebooting itself, i have checked the system logs and got the following error codes.

0xc000025

In sytem log

03F0

Please help! 🙂

Best Regards

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The SSD drive was faulty. The new SATA drive i installed is working fine!

Strange that it passed the system tests :S :S :S

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@smimpi

Does the laptop start to boot but Blue Screens and then tries to reboot???

REO

HP Recommended

Removing the RTC battery was the method formally uised to remove BIOS passwords. It has not been that way for quite a few years now. 

It would have been far simpler to provide the system lock code to one of here in the forum so we could have given you an unlock code.

I suggest replacing the RTC battery.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@erico

That model laptop produces a HEX code.

Removing and replacing the RTC battery will work.

Removing the RTC battery may have changed the SATA settings???

REO

HP Recommended

@REO51ST wrote:

@erico

That model laptop produces a HEX code.

Removing and replacing the RTC battery will work.

Removing the RTC battery may have changed the SATA settings???

REO

That is good to know info. Thanks. There is no manual for this model in the support portal.

He should probably enter the BIOS and check to see if the SATA drive is the boot device and consider loading defaults.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Tried the setup defaults that didn't work.

Tried re-assembly to check all cables, but everything is connected well.

The laptop starts with the HP Logo and after a few seconds it goed black and then fully black for reboot. Then reboots to HP logo and reboots again.

I can enter menu trough ESC key and have run a system check. All devices are fine :S :S :S

Did get a new code in the log 0021

HP Recommended

I have just noticed in the system check that RAM Slot 1 is Empty and and RAM Slot 2 has a module in it.

Maybe one is broken? And because it sees the first slot as empty it is not booting?????

HP Recommended

@smimpi

That is it.

Try switching the memory from one slot to the other.

REO

HP Recommended

Dis-assembled again.. was only 1 memory slot inside and switched them without any result.

I connected the accu, cd drive but in system recovery i still get the notice.

Error you PC needs to be repaired.

0xc0000225 a device is not connected or missing

But when i do the system test all devices are working and connected :S :S :S

HP Recommended

have now removed the SSD Drive and replaced it with an SATA will update

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.