Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6

Hello, 

My laptop has recently started to shut down by itself when the battery percentage reaches around 30%. Then, I would have to connect my charger to the laptop and then power it back up again. Although I have never tried to turn it back on again without the power cord connected because I am scared. 

I have run the battery tests on the HP Support Assistant and it came back as "OK". So, I do not know the issue with the laptop? Do I need to buy another battery? 

Can you help me so I do not have to experience this again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It isn't under "Power" category?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would run the battery test outside of Windows which is sometimes more accurate. Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key to open the start menu. F2 Diagnostics will be a choice there. Tap the F2 key at top of keyboard and run battery diagnostics and possibly some other diagnostics there.

HP Recommended

Hello,

There is no option to do a battery test through the F2 option.

Any other alternatives?

HP Recommended

It isn't under "Power" category?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.