Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Nolly7

Thanks for providing me the model no. (HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p231tu). 

Let me know how the steps went through from y previous post. 

Eager to help. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello to you.

I also have the same problem with my EliteBook 2570p after Creator update (1703)

HP 2570p.jpg.

Please provide an update.

Many thanks,

HP Recommended

I am receiving the same error since a recent Windows update.  I've tried uninstalling DriveGuard, restarting the computer, and installing from links provided but I'm still getting the error. 

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook, Product # N9E13UA#ABA, running Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Thanks 😄

HP Recommended

Actually,  as your laptop is relatively new, just download the the updated driver from here

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82228.exe

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-17-g100-notebook-pc-series/8499304/mode...

Good luck.

HP Recommended

@AbuEdik wrote:

You have to select the driver manually.

So right click on Start, Device manger, HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor, Upgate Driver, Browse my computer for driver software, let me pick from a list.... , have disk, and then browse to where the C:\SWSETUP\SP78033\InstallFiles\Win10\ folder is on your computer. Selct the accelerator.inf file, Ignore the warning message, install and reboot..

This worked for me. 

@I have a question on this @AbuEdik.  Are you saying it actually "worked" for you, or are you saying you made the error go away by ignoring the obvious warning posed by the operating system?  Hmmmmm...

WHERE IS HP ON THIS????  IT'S BEEN TOO LONG THIS ISSUE HAS LANGUISHED!!!!

@I have an HP Elitebook 8570W here on by work table with this problem.  We have @AbuEdik, an intern of some undisclosed discipline, suggesting we do this forced change, but at what cost?  What if I actually need this file for which it applies??? Will HP step up and accept responsibility for any damages occurring as a result of failure should this shade tree bandage not function as described????

Im with you on this one.  Yes, I can do this, overriding the warning the operating system clearly warns it cannot verify the app/inf works properly with the operating system, but to what avail??? 

HP NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE IN A SATISFACTORY MANNER! 

It is for this reason I and many IT professionals i know avoid prescribing HP computer systems for consideration.  There is a continual lack of immediate or direct addressing of pertinent issues.  Years go by with and the respective product, drivers, and messages are rarely updated to address the problems, especially in an efficient way.

HP Recommended

Yes, I ignored the warning message and the driver works.

All it is essentially saying is that it is not verified to work with Windows 10. It is a disclaimer to cover HP. They stop checking to make sure drivers work with older laptops after a certain period.

HP Recommended

@MrRobot,

I thank you for this posting. I have an HP Elitebook 8570W with Windows 10 ver 1709.   I followed the suggestions given, yet the failure persists.  I continue to have the HP Accelerometer error as this forum suggests has been  at issue for quite a long time.  

In that we are at Windows 10 x64  iteration 1709, is it necessary to open another thread on the same issue?  Please advise.  My intent is to do what is necessary to help bring this issue to a workable, verifiable solution.

Can you please advise where HP is on this issue at this current point in time?  Is there a tentative date an updated softpaq might be issued once and for all?  I ask because I am VERY apprehensive in trying the suggested, forced workaround as suggested by @AbulEdik in this thread.  i have seen no endorsement by HP on this being a workable solution, nor any affirmation it will allow the app to perform as defined.

I appreciate any info you might lend.

HP Recommended

Would this be true for a HP Envy 15t-ae100 running Win10 1703?  The error message still persists.  I removed the HP 3D Driveguar to stop the error message from appearing.

HP Recommended

@AbuEdik wrote:

Yes, I ignored the warning message and the driver works.

All it is essentially saying is that it is not verified to work with Windows 10. It is a disclaimer to cover HP. They stop checking to make sure drivers work with older laptops after a certain period.

@thank you, @AbulEdik for your clarifications here.

Yes, I fully understand the mechanics and intent of your workaround, thus the point of my reply.  At a cost of $1,600, and only 4 years old, I find it rather difficult to trivialize the importance of this issue being properly resolved instead of summarily ignored.  Additionally, this version of the operating system suggests, unless adequately resolved, will be here for some time beyond the current iteration.  Another fact of the matter is this issue also effects laptops/notebooks newer than 4 years of ownership.

I find it imperative this be resolved with an endorsed solution or comment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.