Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Touch Smart Sleekbook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I uninstalled HP Assistant and then re-installed it. It no longer shows my machine name, product number and serial number at the bottom of the Assistant window. How do I get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. When I open HP Support Assistant, I do not see My Devices>My PC. What I see is My Computer>System Information>Specifications.

When I first posted this request for help, the Specifications screen was also blank. I re-installed HP Support Assistant through the HP Utility Center - without uninstalling HP Support Assistant first - and it now shows everything I was questioning.

I do appreciate your help. My issue is now resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @tidedancer,

Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that after you reinstalled the HP Support Assistant, the product number and serial number disappeared from the bottom of the window.

To view the specifications in the HP Support Assistant:

From the My devices window, click the My PC box, then click the Specifications tab. Then it should show the product number and Serial number.

Below is document you can review:

HP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!

If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. When I open HP Support Assistant, I do not see My Devices>My PC. What I see is My Computer>System Information>Specifications.

When I first posted this request for help, the Specifications screen was also blank. I re-installed HP Support Assistant through the HP Utility Center - without uninstalling HP Support Assistant first - and it now shows everything I was questioning.

I do appreciate your help. My issue is now resolved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.