Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V9A1AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there! I want to create a BIOS recovery drive on my pendrive, and for that, I need to download the BIOS from H Support website and run it on another PC to flash it onto the drive. Here's the guide showing the supposed routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3S3KgcT-Ao

So, I went ahead and downloaded the BIOS from here (after selecting Windows 10 manually): https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-e0000/21...

A file named sp132831.exe is downloaded and on running it, these are the screens, as expected:

ayush099_1-1632964441663.pngayush099_2-1632964451492.pngayush099_3-1632964459908.png

ayush099_6-1632964650735.png

Quite unexpectedly, it extracts ONLY ONE file at the installation address (C:\SWSetup\SP132831\), called 088EBF09.exe. After extraction, it simply closes and nothing happens after extraction, contrary to the guide video where a BIOS update utlity opened up.

ayush099_7-1632964917064.png

Since this extracted file is also an executable, I tried opening it up but nothing happens here either.

Please note that the above screenshots are of a non-HP computer (Lenovo). I tried running this utility on an HP laptop too, but the same issue persisted: no utility opens up.

Please help. This seems to be the last hope before I need to replace my ROM on the recently purchased Victus laptop. I have tried Windows+B stuff for BIOS recovery but that does not solve the issue (BIOS boot loop, POST does not clear.)

This video shows how to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. If you experience a hard drive failure on your notebook PC or no longer have the HP_Tools volume or partition, follow the steps in this video to create a BIOS recovery flash drive. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Insert USB drive 00:26
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ayush099, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000  and it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.