Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_01
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP BIOS Update screen won’t progress

HP Recommended

I tried to update to the newest BIOS for my laptop. Everything completed before the pc needed to be reset. Once it turned back on the fan kicked in and it progressed to 3% then stopped. It has been on 3% for for 4 hours now.

How can I get this update to complete?

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,958 9,854 796 3,831
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Rebecca_01 

Welcome to the HP Support Community !

You posted 2 days ago. If you still face this issue and if it hasn't progressed, you have no other option other than turning the notebook off. Press and hold the power-on button for 5-10 seconds until the computer powers off completely.

Wait for a while and press the power-on button once to start it back. Let's wait and see what happens.

If the computer fails to start eventually without any progress, the BIOS update may have failed to complete successfully. You will need to attempt recovery and follow the steps from this article >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Let me know how it goes

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation