Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was prompted to authorise various HP updates tonight.  A BIOS update is stuck at 23%. I can't hard reset as it won't switch off. Any ideas? Looks like I've got a fixed battery too.  Any ideas please? I'm not a techie . Sorry!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. HP 250 G7 Notebook PC.  

Cant even power it off!

HP Recommended

I sorted mine out this morning with help of HP Support. Couldnt power off & BIOS update stuck. So contrary to the message, I took the AC power cord out and let the battery die. Then I was guided to press Windows key & letter C together for 5/10 seconds. Then Windows key and letter C for same time. Then release. Then press power button to turn on. This worked for me. System reverted to as it was with no issues. Hope this works for you. 

HP Recommended

Just noticed typo. This should  have readWindows  and letter B then  windows and letter C. 

HP Recommended

I disconnected the battery and AC power, Than reconnected and recoverd the BIOS. Took a while but now everythong is working.

HP Recommended

my laptop has built in battery how do i remove the ac power and disconnect the battery? 

HP Recommended

My laptop had a fixed battery so couldn't remove it. Just take the power cord out and the battery will go flat. Then do the windows and B then windows and C pressure for 10 seconds each. Then plug power back in. This worked for me. Good luck.  

HP Recommended

It didn't work. Thanks though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.