Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I received a notification from HP utiliy to update my bios to 3.8.0.0 after the installation and futher check from the computer I was required restart my computer which has only resulted to a black screen that with  the fan running and stopping every

5 seconds then blinks

HP Recommended

Can I go to the previous version?

HP Recommended

In my opinion this really depends. As you described that your Notebook is booting to a blank/black screen it seems it may have been bricked. If so, BIOS/motherboard may need to be replaced. In my friends case who did flash this update, he has warranty and has approached HP. HP has registered a request to replace his motherboard after diagnosing the issue, so you may want to get the issue diagnosed first.

HP Recommended

As a follow up on this post, I would like to bring to everyone's notice that HP has released another update dated Jan 18'th 2019. This BIOS update version has been marked F.51 and is listed in the website for the BS-145TU. However, this update as well may render your notebooks bricked. As I have downloaded the update, I have observed that f.51 is also not applicable for this particular model. In the attached screenshots, you will find that when installting F.42 (soft paq# sp93384), it clearly mentions that it is supported for the 15 series laptops. When trying to install F.51 (soft paq# sp91630), it does not say so. Hence, advising a word of caution for users who are thinking of flashing or updating to this version.F.42F.42F.51F.51

HP Recommended

I installed bios update F.51 in my hp 15 bs179tx and I can't boot the laptop I also try to recover bio by USB and then after that laptop boot loop started. The laptop turn on and off every time can't stop. Plzz tell to repair 

@CherylG wrote:

@DevB91 

Do not install it for now. I have seen several posters with same F.42  BIOS  listed on support page and were pushed another version by HP SA. It was F.54 not F51. Those owners all ended up with a no-boot laptop. Can you confirm if HP SA is offering you F.51 or F.54?

I am trying to find out more about this.

HP Recommended

Contact HP for motherboard replacement:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Really wished it could be helped. :Crying:

If you still have warranty, please get in touch with HP and they would most likely replace your motherboard.

HP Recommended

I have HP 15BS-658TX, and my laptop mobo got bricked after installing that F5.1 Update(Offered by HP Support Assistant), as my laptop was under warranty, HP replaced my motherboard. Same problem happened to my 2 friends also.

HP Recommended

Update: I tried getting in touch with HP multiple times to inform them about this issue that has plagued so many users. All attempts made failed in either HP getting back to me or the support representative not understanding the issue at all. It wasn't until I wrote an email to the customer support services head that someone knowledgeable got back to me and after hearing the entire ordeal decided to take action against this. He assured me that the faulty update would be taken down and as i can see presently, it has been taken down from the website. Hopefully they don't make a mess again.

HP Recommended

I have HP Notebook 15 - bs091ms. I updated my bios on this January 2018 through downloading this bios from HP's website using the exact model no. of the notebook.The bios which I installed was ver. F.51 Rev.A. I updated it from ver.F.42 Rev.A. Now to my utter surprise when I went to HP page and browse the software download section of this HP model Notebook, I was amazed to see that the new updated bios (ver.F.51 Rev A) is completely missing from the download section and only the old bios (F.42 Rev.A) is available for download which is was issued in August 2018 I think. So HP pulled it out from its server. But I already updated to the new version and my Laptop is running ok without any brick or hiccups yet. So is there any way to downgrade to Firmware F.42 RevA from F.51 RevA? If not can I reinstall the old bios again?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.