Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

So How I'm following your steps leads me to the ISO and it is saved in the computer. I go on to get the tool and it runs and there is just the repair tool. Is this what I need because when I use it nothing is listed.  When I go to the files there is just the download and the ISO there. There are no pop ups that help me to find it like you said there might be. Any ideas? Thank you for the help.

HP Recommended

As I stated several times- it sounds like you are running the shortcut to "Uninstall Windows 7 USB DVD Tool. The actual program when opened from the correct shortcut does not have a Repair function.

When you installed the Win 7 Tool it should have put two shortcuts in your Start Menu-and possbily one shortcut on the desktop screen.

I  have these 2 in Start, Programs>

1- "Uninstall Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" (wrong shortcut to run program)

2-"Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" (correct shortcut to run program)

I also have an icon on desktop>

1-"Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" (also correct shortcut to run)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I think the link is incorrect or there is an issue with the link because when I followed it there is not the needed pop up or anything on the desktop. The Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool (the title of the thing I am clicking on) is not leading me to the correct pop ups on this computer. Thanks for the suggestions I don't know if there is a problem with the link or an issue with my computer.

HP Recommended

Try Rufus and the guide here. Rufus is a stand alone program and does not require installing-  simply download and save it, then click to run.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-burn-an-iso-file-to-a-usb-drive-2619270

HP Recommended

this program looks like it is working but when I get to the step 7 I cannot find the file. Am I looking for the download tool?  I have it in the downloads section and when Rufus prompts me to find it in the downloads section the file is not there. Maybe there is a problem with the download tool? Thanks for the advice!

HP Recommended

It is asking for the Windows ISO file that you downloaded from Microsoft.

HP Recommended

That's exactly what I thought. But when it leads me to find the file it is not there. Is there ajn issue with the microsoft download? Thanks for comment!

HP Recommended

Originally you said you downloaded the ISO to an SD card. Is the ISO still on it or did you move it to a folder on the computer?Have you checked to be sure the Windows 8 ISO is in either location?

HP Recommended

I have looked for both in the computer and the thing I am using to transport it and it is not there. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

Download it again and save it in the download folder of the computer you are using. Select the first option in the list:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.