Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc100tx
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi Team, 
I have currently windows 11 system on my laptop which came with windows 10. I was using HP Cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB drive to factory reset my laptop. My Product id is being perfectly detected as well. But on the next page, it is not recognizing my USB drive. I tried with seagate HDD, a pendrive and sandisk memory cards as well.Any idea how we can solve this? Is there some way I can create a bootable USB for factory reset without HP Cloud recovery tool ( something like downloading ISO file for my product id and then self burning the USB drive)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The cloud recovery tool using your notebook's product number works fine for me.

I used this exact model flash drive.

PNY Turbo 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD32GTBOP-GE - Buy PNY Turbo 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD3...

You cannot use anything but a USB flash drive.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you beyond this.

You can't zip anything because this is a complicated process that takes about 30 minutes to complete, and it must start and finish on the flash drive.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can use the Media creation tool to create a bootable USB installation drive to clean install W10.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion - 15-cc100tx Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

That would be your only other option if the cloud recovery tool isn't working for you.

HP Recommended

HI @Paul_Tikkanen,
I did that way before. But creating a recovery drive from Microsoft doesn't provide all factory reset softwares. Also, the hp page for drivers don't have many drivers I know were definitely part of my PC before. Also it is very cumbersome as well.

Is it possible if you can create a bootable drive for my disk and provide them to me as a zip folder? My Product id is 2SL83PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

Hi:

The cloud recovery tool using your notebook's product number works fine for me.

I used this exact model flash drive.

PNY Turbo 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD32GTBOP-GE - Buy PNY Turbo 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive - P-FD3...

You cannot use anything but a USB flash drive.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you beyond this.

You can't zip anything because this is a complicated process that takes about 30 minutes to complete, and it must start and finish on the flash drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.