Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Evening All,

HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC_v 6.0.100.272

Ever since upgrading to Windows 10, SimplePass has been extremely hit and miss.  On the odd occasion it works fine, but most days it doesn't...

I have reinstalled Simple Pass, also tried the repair software function, as well as ensuring the Windows log on is ticked.  I'm out of ideas!

Ongoing Issues:

Windows Log on - Doesn't work.

Website Log on - I swipe the reader and get the following message "Fingerprint Verification Paused"

HP Simple Pass App - Same error message as above

Appreciate any advise/guidance...

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @T_LONG,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m6 Notebook and having issues with the Fingerprint reader software for Windows 10. Here is a download for the Fingerprint scanner for Windows 10. This download sp71729.exe should work for you. I would uninstall the version you have and reinstall this version.

You might need to check that the Simplepass is enable biometric support .

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @T_LONG,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY m6 Notebook and having issues with the Fingerprint reader software for Windows 10. Here is a download for the Fingerprint scanner for Windows 10. This download sp71729.exe should work for you. I would uninstall the version you have and reinstall this version.

You might need to check that the Simplepass is enable biometric support .

Please let me know how this goes.

You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below! Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

You might want to explain that the link is to an active execute program and begins to down load immidiately... I am assuming that one must first uninstall the current simple pass program and that the execute program will do the rest... no need to setup manually?  Also, I am assuming this execute program is an HP program and is being download from one of their secure servers?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.