06-09-2016 12:14 AM
I have a HP Envy X2 that is prompting for a password to enter the BIOS setup. I apparently have lost the password. I am able to boot windows, but cannot enter the bios setup. How may I reset the password?
After entering incorrect password three times it gives halt code: 50495488
Solved! View Solution.
06-09-2016 12:16 AM
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Windows Insider MVP
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)