Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8560p Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had to restore my HP EliteBook 8560p Notebook PC. I'm running windows 7 professional 64-bit.  In the device manager I have 2 warnings. There were two drivers I couldn't find on my own.
Location Other Device

1. Base System Device

2 Unknown Device

If anyone can supply me with the proper links it would be appreciated,

Thanks

Jon

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the base system device...

The JMicron Media Card Reader Driver enables the integrated media card slot in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60501-61000/sp60769.exe

The unknown device probably needs this driver...

This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

HP Recommended

Hi Paul The base driver fixed worked great thank you. 

The other unknown device driver still persists. here are more details if you can suugest anything else

Device type: Other devices

Manufacture: Unknown

Port_#0001  Hub_#0003

I know that isnt a lot of help but what ever you can do is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jon

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Jon.

Please post the hardware ID for the unknown device.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

Then I will post the link to the driver you need.

HP Recommended
How to download from link you give us it need password
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.