Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13

I have a HP Envy 13 that started a BIOS update and failed mid-way.

If I start the laptop normally - the laptop starts with a blank screen (no logo), the caps-lock blinks a few times and then the laptop powers down automatically. 

I am able to bring up the BIOS update screen if I press the POWER + WINDOWS + V keys together. The BIOS update starts with a message saying the BIOS is being updated and to not shutdown the laptop. The update progresses for a bit (50% or 70% sometime completes the update and then goes into a verifying progress screen). But this invariably fails in the process and shuts down the laptop. 

Please help me either rolling back the BIOS update or using a USB stick to complete the update. 

[Edit: I have now attached a GIF file which shows the boot update progress and the abrupt fail towards the end of the process. Sorry for the unsteady camera :-)]

Envy 13 boot fail.gif

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.