Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have uninstalled windows 7 on a seperate hadrive on my envy laptop and when I start or restart it still askes me what system to bootup with. How do I get rid if this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I happened across this thread and was wondering how hard it is to install Windows 7 on this machine.  I followed the steps laid out by LasVegasWireman and it installed just fine with the steps he furnished.  Just one addition - make a place for the install on the hard drive by shrinking the big  partition on the hard drive and make the new partition at least 100GB.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

HI

I reach this point with no problems, but i can't load driver noting that the sytem reconize the USB where i put the drivers, and i can browse and locate them at the ;oca; hard drive (C:) drive, and it still says no driver found , pls help

HP Recommended

Following the above guide , i will post some screenshots shows the progress of process

1- changing, USB 3 confg and the secureboot and legacy

IMAG2070.jpg

IMAG2071.jpg

after that f9 for boot option and i select )Internal CD/DVD ROM Drive)

IMAG2072.jpg

ii start installing windows 7 and i accept the agreement, 

THE PROBLEM STARTS HERE

when i load drivers (noting thet the USB containing the (Intel AHCI / RAID drivers) excrated from f6flpy-x64.zip) is reconized by the PC (the drive name is WAEL)

IMAG2074.jpg

and when i try to browse from the local drive 

IMAG2075.jpg

I GOT THE SAME ERROR 

IMAG2075.jpg

i tired almost everything i know but faild

please help

HP Recommended

any thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi lasvegaswireman,

I hope you are still around and will answer my related question posted below, as you give really

good clear complete anwers;

I have a new laptop an HP an Envy 17t Touch Laptop  product number M9X68av. It came with

Windows 10. I want to use a Win 7 USB memory stick to install it on a second partition . I made

an ISO file from my Win 7 installation  disk and then installed the ISO file on my USB stick using

Rufus. My problem is that when I start the installation, I am told a driver is needed and I

assumed that all the drivers needed would have come over from the disk. I also downloaded a

Windows 7 iso file from Microsoft Windows 7 download site, but still the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Brad

PS  I had an earler similar problem using a Windows 8.1 disk, but that worked out fine. Now

doing the same thing now with Win 7 does not.

Envy 17t touch laptop,  Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Recommended

The HP p/n you provided refers to a CTO Envy Notebook. Because of this, I am unable to locate the spedifications for your computer. I am guessing that it contains a 6th Gen Intel CPU... If correct, please follow the steps below to install Windows 7 64bit...

Make sure you create your HP Recovery Discs or USB Flash Recovery media before modifying or changing ANYTHING.

You may need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot configuration" on the settings page similar to what is shown below, before you can attempt to install Windows 7;

Sec Boot Legacy Sup.jpg

Additionally, as the factory hard drive is partitioned as GPT, you must boot from a UEFI boot source to install Windows on a GPT partitioned disk. Turn on or reboot the computer and tap "F9" or "ESC" and then "F9" when prompted. Highlight the UEFI boot source you are using and press "ENTER".

F9 Boot Menu.jpg

Please note that some computers may not recognize a valid UEFI enabled USB Flash drive if it is formated as NTFS and may require a FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive. You should be able to make a FAT32 formatted Windows 7 installation USB Flash drive using RufusUNetbootin, Universal USB Installer, or WiNToBootic. I like Rufus, as it has options for "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer" and "FAT32".

Intel removed USB 2.0 support from the Skylake chipset, therefore normal DVD and USB Windows 7 installs will not work on 6th generation Intel chipsets. You have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 7 ISO using this Intel utility; 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Wi​​​​​ndows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

After running this utility and directing it to your Windows 7 ISO, the resulting ISO/USB/DVD should be able to install Windows 7 on your computer.

You may also need to provide the below driver for Windows 7 to see the hard drive... Extract the files onto another usb flash drive without any folders;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/In​​​tel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Dri...

You may need to install the below driver to make the USB ports usable in Windows 7;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/US​​​B-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Cont...

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Hi lasvegaswireman,

Thanks for responding. I should have mentioned that this laptop, because it is a CTO, has

two product numbers. They are M9X68av AND N0V68av if this is any help in your

identification.

I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you. I have been away.

Brad

HP Recommended

The first p/n you provided identifies your computer as a 17t-n#00 CTO where # = 0 or 1. Looking at the HP referenced MSG... HP ENVY Notebook Intel Models 17-n100 17-n199 3D camera Models 17-r100 17-r199 (worldwide) 3D camera...... narrows the CPU to a 5th or 6th generation Intel i5 or i7. If the CPU in your computer is of the 6th gen, then the previously provided instuctions should get Windows 7 installed on your computer.

Again, Intel removed USB 2.0 support from the Skylake chipset, therefore normal DVD and USB Windows 7 installs will not work on 6th generation Intel chipsets. You have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 7 ISO using this Intel utility; 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Wi​​​​​ndows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

After running this utility and directing it to your Windows 7 ISO, the resulting ISO/USB/DVD should be able to install Windows 7 on your computer.

You may also need to provide the below driver for Windows 7 to see the hard drive... Extract the files onto another usb flash drive without any folders;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/In​​​tel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Dri...

You may need to install the below driver to make the USB ports usable in Windows 7;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/US​​​B-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Cont...

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Hi again LVM,

Here I am again, back after about 6 months. In one of your steps above, you state:

"Intel removed USB 2.0 support from the Skylake chipset, therefore normal DVD and USB Windows 7 installs will not work on 6th generation Intel chipsets. You have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 7 ISO using this Intel utility; 
After running this utility and directing it to your Windows 7 ISO, the resulting ISO/USB/DVD should be able to install Windows 7 on your computer."

I do not know how to do this so that I put the USB 3 drivers into the ISO/USB/DV. Will you explain just how it should b done please?

Thanks, Brad

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.